Shift Performance Manager
DS Smith Packaging in Lockerbie are looking for a Shift Performance Manager to manage and oversee the performance of a shift covering Press, Conversion, Warehouse and Engineering. The role will have responsibility for Quality Control, SFDC adherence and control, Health & Safety/Environment, Housekeeping, Performance, Waste Reduction, and several other elements that contribute to the success of the business.
This role will be based on a standard 24 hours, 5-day shift pattern.
- Shift management of 40 employees.
- Ensuring that every employee is safe on site.
- Overseeing the overall performance of the factory.
- Working with the team and other colleagues in the company to improve relations, flexibility and efficiency.
- Support various change programmes to improve business performance and cost reductions.
- Ensure quality, cleaning and workplace organisation standards are met and sustained.
- Actively pursue improvements in work area organisation and appearance through liaison with other managers and colleagues.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable people management and interpersonal skills
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid qualification would be advantageous
- Highly motivated, forward-thinking team player
- Ability to demonstrate how our core values can be applied in the workplace
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme