An exciting opportunity has arisen at our DS Smith site in Spennymoor for a Production Planner to join the Supply Chain Team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will primarily be responsible for managing raw material stock and executing production plans.
What else will the role involve?
On a daily basis you will review the line throughput, line/product constraints, production batch sequencing, and work / shift capabilities.
You will follow departmental guidelines and procedures as agreed with General Manager, as well as being mindful of Health & Safety, Hygiene & Quality Standards at all times to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
Ideally, you will have working knowledge of a manufacturing environment with a proven track record of performing at a high level in a time pressured production environment.
There will be an emphasis placed on working alongside colleagues within the company to improve team and cross-departmental relations, flexibility and efficiency in our service offerings.
It is important you continually challenge and develop our process flows and methods of operating to deliver upon our customer excellence programme to provide the best service we can.
What we would like our candidate to have…
- Experience in a similar role with a track record of performing at a high level in a busy production environment
- Ability to problem solve, manage information and forward plan
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a time pressured environment
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software – including Microsoft Excel
- Automotive industry experience would be advantageous
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.7 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
• Annual cycle to work scheme
Apply for Production Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly