Creative Packaging Artworker - Food Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK6176)
CREATIVE PACKAGING ARTWORKER - FOOD PACKAGING
Salary £27 - £30k per annum + 25 days holiday + Profit share scheme subject to completion of trial period
Working hours Midday to 8.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday
Our International Client is seeking a Creative Packaging Artworker with a good understanding of print processes and reprographics, ideally within the food packaging sector.
You must be able to build and maintain back of pack guidelines and proficient use of Illustrator is required. Experience of food packaging for the US market would be beneficial.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Accurately create artwork for client, following client's brand guidelines or design requirements, with the ability to create multilingual artwork whilst maintaining consistency across the complete range.
- Ensure that all work is completed to client guidelines and to the standards outlined in the process and procedures.
- Ensure artwork interpretation is achievable within print production constraints.
- Prepare accurate artworks from approved design and brief.
- Ensure client guidelines are followed.
- Develop and update master artworks and guideline documentation.
- Responsibility for ensuring line managers are kept informed of the progress of the jobs they are working on, and any impact there is to the production plan.
- To understand the importance of using systems and to record image retouching progress on jobs.
- To ensure that all images produced and proofed are correct and reviewed in accordance to the quality procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
- Proven experience of packaging artwork creation and manipulation to a high standard.
- Proven experience of pre-press department or printing experience.
- Effective problem-solving and mediation skills.
- Ability to understand and execute creative direction and instructions.
- Excellent communication skills required for daily interaction with account management / traffic team.
- Must be detail-oriented.