Our DS Smith site in Fordham is seeking a Quality Technician to join the team. Reporting to the site Quality Manager, you will enjoy the challenge of the daily interaction with a broad range of colleagues across the site. The role will involve quality checking products that are being released, and reviewing on site actions to ensure that the processes are under control and improving.
The role consists of:
Being part of a small team, and will support the Quality Manager in the maintenance of the ISO 9001 and BRC standards. You will conduct and manage the internal audit plan, ensuring the site is always audit ready.
As a Quality Technician, you will:
• To carry out and manage the onsite audit programme
• To carry out a spectrum of daily quality audits across product leaving the site
• To support the QA Manager in customer and external audits
• To carry out the day to day quality testing in the lab
• Attend and contribute in root cause problem solving meetings and have a continuous improvement attitude to your work.
• To take an active role in the maintenance of the complaints system
• Monitor and maintain complaint trends and actions
• Daily communication with all departments across the site will be an essential aspect of this role.
• To maintain with the management of the BSI ISO 9001:2015 Systems
• To take an active part in the delivery of quality focused projects
• Prepare and respond to supplier questionnaires
What we would like our candidate to have:
• Educated to GCSE grade C English and Math
• Degree advantageous
• Experience in an FMCG environment
• Experience of working in a highly computerised environment
• Effective at influencing people.
• Experienced in the BRC standard and expectations
• Ability to write clear effective reports and procedures.
• Excellent communication and people engagement skills
• BSI Audit trained
• Computer literate - use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About DS Smith
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £5.2 billion, the organisation employs over 32,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme