Packaging Manager | Food Packaging | Scotland
You’ll know this role’s for you if you’re interested in developing innovative packaging solutions and delivering large projects on behalf of one of the largest fresh and pre-prepared vegetable producers in the UK. Fantastic location and prospects for an experienced Packaging Manager.
Packaging Manager | Food Packaging | Scotland | £32k - £45k
Established over 30 years ago, our client has vast experience in fresh food production and are a highly successful enterprise, covering the UK and continental Europe.
With two main sites of production in Scotland, they are specialists in brassicas, salads and prepared vegetables as well as root washing, grading and packing.
As Packaging Manager, your duties will include:
- Driving the packaging agenda with customers and leading the day to day operation and the packaging team
- Achieving the business and department objectives with main focus being on packaging reduction and delivery of packaging strategies and agenda for customers
- Working closely with cross functional teams in order to effectively deliver packaging solutions for the business
- Managing and developing cost saving initiatives in conjunction with the procurement team
- Involvement in the company HACCP food safety system
Key attributes required:
- Previous experience in packaging management
- Excellent numeric and literacy skills
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams to agreed deadlines
- Experience and knowledge of artwork and reprographic procedures
- Experience in effective supplier relationship management
If you are looking for an opportunity to use your packaging experience to add value and help with innovation and sustainability projects, please click the ‘Apply now’ button and make us aware of your details.