Experienced Digital Printer
We are an industry leader within the publishing/printing industry supplying to a blue-chip customer base throughout the UK.
We are looking for an experienced digital printer to take a key role responsible for all print production. The role would involve running multiple high-quality large format digital printers. A very hands-on role involving print set up and high-volume printing, predominantly roll to roll on paper/canvas but with occasional other flat-bed media. Responsibilities also to include quality control, managing and ordering consumables, machine maintenance along with production planning. Experience scanning original Artwork and colour correction work advantageous.
- Manage daily print production maintaining maximum efficiency and meeting priorities/deadlines.
- Product origination, scanning of imagery, colour matching and image manipulation.
- Maintaining quality control systems, minimising wastage and maximising printing.
- Managing external maintenance contracts and carrying out internal maintenance programmes.
- Managing the re-ordering of materials/consumables involving forecasting.
- Print set up and sign off for new product ranges.
- At least 3 years digital print experience preferably in large format.
- Experience of running a print department or some form of printing supervision within a busy printing operation.
- Must have some pre-press knowledge and colour calibration experience.
- Adobe Photoshop (+ other Adobe software beneficial but not critical).
- Strong people, communication and organisational skills.