Typesetting Operator (nights)
A renowned organisation has an opening within their production, typesetting and customer team – the chance for someone who shows attention to detail and quality to work around the clock on confidential and sensitive documents for the company’s global client base. The role of typesetter will be to investigate and implement new products/markets/services that enhance the company’s typesetting offerings. Candidates must therefore be confident with technical concepts and equipment and have an interest in new products/innovation.
- Typesetting of Financial Documents in both 3B2 and InDesign
- Creation and manipulation of PDFs for customer review and approval
- Conversion of supplied files to EDGAR HTML for filing with the SEC
- Reading and copy checking against manuscript/word mark ups
- Working knowledge of 3B2 would be advantageous, as this is the main typesetting package, but not essential as training will be provided
- A background of using a code driven typesetting system would be preferable
- Experience within the financial printing and Corporate Reporting markets
- Knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience of typesetting/designing Company Report and Accounts would be an advantage
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Knowledge of SEC EDGAR filing preferable
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Experience in data manipulation within XL would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of 3B2, InDesign CS4-CC, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Pitstop, Excel, Word, PrintShop Mail, GoFiler, Dreamweaver, Jade, Abbey Fine Reader
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident dealing with customers if required
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must have a flexible and positive working attitude and be able to adjust to workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines. We are looking for a customer focused professional with a desire to deliver world class service.
Hours of work
21:00-05:00 and 23:00-07:00 alternate weeks, Monday to Friday, potential changes during busy working periods.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com