Field Service Engineer
AMS is the UK’s leading independent supplier of postal mail preparation equipment and shrink wrapping systems. We supply our wide range of products throughout the UK, primarily to printers, mailing houses and manufacturers.
We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Field Service Engineer to perform installation and scheduled site maintenance on a range of industrial mailing, printing and packaging equipment. You will cover London and surrounding areas including Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Suffolk and Norfolk. You will also set up equipment at our Harlow premises. Equipment training will be provided.
Service engineer key responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out planned routine maintenance on our mailing, printing and packaging equipment range
- Carry out emergency breakdown repairs/maintenance on company products in the UK, with the occasional overseas travel
- Identify breakdown causes and repair/and report back as required
- Install / Uninstall machinery as required
- Assist the sales department as required with demonstrations, exhibition set up
- Support other engineers as and when required
- Attend training courses as and when required UK and overseas
The profile of the Service Engineer will ideally be:
- Time served apprenticeship
- ONC / HNC in Engineering
- Have experience within a servicing environment
- A team player with plenty of ideas and fault finding ability
- Competency in both electrical, mechanical and software disciplines
- Open to other tasks as company workload dictates
Starting salary £28k, 37.5 hours per week plus overtime when necessary and commission
Company vehicle, tools, mobile phone, ipad and pension.