NEW VACANCY! (PK6230)
Salary £21.3K (trainee rate) to £23.5K (fully trained rate, after successful completion of the probation period)
Shift pattern: 2 day shifts, 2 night shifts, 5 days off (12-hours shifts in order to support the production streams)
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, and the other various benefits include: Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit, bonus scheme, child care vouchers, discounted gym membership and use of the golf club
Our client is an international manufacturer of efficient and sustainable packaging solutions and services for food products and for medical devices and pharmaceutical products.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Slitter Operator to operate a number of slitting machines on site. Reporting into the Print Services and Operations Manager, to be responsible for a machine and the end product and maintain high standard of work and constant throughput on a slitting machine.
A full training program will be provided although it is essential that the candidate has a manufacturing background and preferably a pedestrian forklift truck driver qualification / experience.
- Check works order checking that all parameters are correct
- Using the slitting copy of the works order check that all materials and equipment required for the job are available.
- Complete the QC sheet recording all relevant information
- Send samples to the Lab of each master laminated reel to be checked for interply/curing
- Set film on the machine according to the given instructions
- Once the job is OK to run get Shift Managers signature to run the job
- Within in every mill reel slit, one set of 10 impressions for each lane will be retained for future reference.
- If required and qualified, to operate pedestrian forklift truck.
- In addition to the above, the job holder is expected to undertake any task as directed by his/her line manager that could be reasonably expected within the remit described and is within his/her capability.
The successful candidate must demonstrate that they will:
- Work as part of a team
- Be self-motivated
- Use their initiative
- Be enthusiastic in their attitude and approach to work
- Adhere closely to standard procedures and methods
- Work accurately with an 'eye' for detail
- Have an acceptable Health & Safety record
Apply for Slitter Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly