Operations Manager - Hertfordshire - c£55-65K
We have a newly created role for a well established, technically advanced client based in Hertfordshire, who are seeking a strong Operations Manager.
This senior appointment will sit within the Production Management team reporting into the Operations Director.
You should also be an effective manager of people with excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop the staff.
You will be driving the performance of your department and create new and innovative site based performance strategies, delivering exceptional results. You will be instrumental in the delivery and implementation of client and company requirements within agreed financial budgets focusing on maximising revenue.
Delivering world class customer experience and outstanding results, knowledge of service and quality management methodologies, stakeholder management skills and the ability to maximise revenue opportunities will be key to your success.
This position will play a pivotal role in developing the manufacturing and production process and work closely with the Production Director to streamline processes, reduce spoilage costs and improve KPI’s, and be the conduit for productivity and planning.
Working in collaboration with other business areas to deliver complex projects on budget, accurately and on time. The ability to form strong working relationships along with managing multiple teams and individuals is a key requirement.
- Improving the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the strategic development plan and the culture of continuous improvement.
- Improving management reporting, information flow, lean manufacturing and organisational planning.
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Production division by identifying and overseeing improvements to each area within the Production division
- Playing a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives aimed at gaining operational excellence.
- Having input to disaster recovery and business continuity plans and be able to initiate these as and when required.
- Promoting a positive working environment and motivating team members, leading by example.
- Demonstrating best practice and ensuring all staff adhere to the Company’s Health & Safety responsibilities and operating within Company ISO Management Systems i.e. 27001, 45001, 9001 and 14001.
- Extensive experience of Production Management within the Printing Industry or related area
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing processes
- Demonstrable leadership skills and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Experience of digital & inkjet printing as continuous feed and sheet fed
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style, evidence of being a strong communicator and have proficiency in MS Packages including Excel and Word.
- Have a proven record of success in engaging, inspiring and coaching across functional teams.
This really is an exciting opening within a great business. If you feel you've got what it takes to make a success of this opportunity then please send your CV