The planning department is a pivotal hub that that links orders through to production, ensuring that work is produced in an accurate and timely manner.
Liaising closely with the sales and production departments you will ensure that every job runs on time and is produced to the highest standard.
The planning department very much sets the tone and speed of how we produce work with regards to efficiency, speed, and accuracy. It is a fast-paced environment so strong organisational skills are required.
Responsibilities – on the job training will be provided as required
- Check all artworks supplied and offer recommendations and suggestions to ensure that quotations are accurate and straight forward to manufacture in the most cost effective and profitable way.
- Offer suggestions on artwork regarding design, legibility, etc.
- Ensure artwork proofs are accurately created and proofed on time.
- Work closely with production to plan jobs going into production.
- Order plates, cutters, screens, foils, etc.
- Pre-press – ensure everything is ready at the press prior to production. Tooling, plates, screens, etc.
- Work inline with quality control measures on colour matching, print quality, etc.
- Manage and offer suggestions for improvement for digital filing systems, through to implementation.
- Manage and offer suggestions for improvement for the way we file, log and store artworks.
- Create and maintain artwork libraries for customers.
- Multiple artworks – find the most efficient way to handle these.
- Ensure that all elements to produce a job are available prior to going to press.
- Work with production to reduce lead times.
- Encourage customers to get artworks in the correct format so as not to impact production.
- Ensure artwork files are produced on a right first-time basis.
- Handle incorrect occurrences to reduce and eliminate issues on press.
- Handle workflow to ensure that proofs are produced accurately and on-time.
- Always proactive to enable and implement further improvements within the process.
- Advise operations manager on where inefficient resources are found and resources may be required.
- Knowledge of print process such as digital, flexographic, hot foiling and screen printing.
- Good working knowledge of prepress software such as Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Photoshop, InDesign and PitStop Pro would be an advantage.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Experience with job/order management systems.
- Be organised and experienced with digital filing systems (RAIDS/Servers).
- Be willing and able to adapt to new software and technologies.
- Excellent command of English as attention to detail and instruction is vital.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- A good eye for detail ensuring accuracy on a consistent basis.