Contract Application Developer | Data | UK/Home Based
Award winning direct mail and transactional print campaigns, impressive data management capabilities and excellent exposure to cutting edge technology within a first-class environment. A developing role with superb earning potential this is an outstanding opportunity for an Application Developer to work for one of the market leaders when it comes to intelligent multi-channel solutions on an initial contract basis.
Contract Application Developer | Data | UK/Home Based | Excellent Salary Package
A multi-site operation, this is a company with in-house facilities for creative, personalised direct mail, multi-channel communications and transactional mail services across print and digital to high profile brands. An award winning group with an excellent reputation for innovation, holding a leading position in the market.
On a day-to-day basis as Application Developer you will be responsible for:
- Creation and maintenance of applications and scripts that drive the processing, workflow & conversion of customer data in to print and electronic communications from technical and business requirements
- Working as part of a distributed but close-working team of developers working on outbound transactional document production
- Collaborating with teams of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Solutions and Technical Architects as well as other development teams
- Following defined methodologies for change and projects, specify, produce and deliver code to agreed specification, for new systems, enhancements and live error fixes
- Excellent Analysis & Specification skills, ability to interpret and create technical documentation
- Experience of Development/Operational or Support environment within an IT department beneficial
- Detailed knowledge of development lifecycles – Waterfall/Agile
- Support testing activities
Key attributes required:
- Require experience of working with file processing products e.g. Mainframe, JCL, StreamWeaver, TWS, REXX
- 2+ years experience in IBM mainframe applications desirable
- Working knowledge of TWS/OPC desirable
- Strong JCL skills desirable
- Experience of standard IBM Utilities and other tools (TSO, ISPF, SDSF, RACF, Connect Direct) desirable
- Experience of working with large and complex data formats, e.g. fixed length, delimited, multi record, XML
- Experience of working with pre-composed document type, e.g. PDF, AFP, postscript
- Beneficial to have experience of working with document composition products, e.g. Quadient Inspire Designer, Opentext Exstream, Papyrus
Submit your details today to be considered.