Fabric / Printing Colourist
NJ Screen Prints is based in Hinckley and is the UK’s leading volume screen printer of garments to retail and trade. With leading edge printing technology and excellent relationships with high street retailers and all the major supermarket brands; NJ is a growing business that is improving turnover year on year. Employing around 175 staff NJ is focussed and committed to leading edge design, quality and customer service. Bioworld International is a joint venture with a leading US licensed goods business which is expected to drive significant growth opportunities in both licensed apparel and accessories across Europe to existing and new customers and employs 30 staff who are based on a shared site with NJ Screen Prints.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Fabric and Ink colourist to join our Production team at NJ Screen Prints.
The Fabric and Ink Colourist reports to and supports the Production Manager to ensure that production jobs are carried out quickly and efficiently, operating within the required NJ policies and practises as well as within the SOP’s / H&S requirements of the department.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- To ensure that good working practices, technology /research knowledge are shared and used to the best advantage of the team
- Keep up to date on any emerging technologies, ink products, research and development which may be beneficial to the department
- High level of understanding of products and responsibility for sharing knowledge with team members
- Order Inks and supplies, batch checking, ink choice and application.
- Stock control, rotation and returns
- Control of jobs from the Production / Sampling systems; Prioritise work and give instructions to the) operatives
- Colour matching, recipe issuing and maintenance of records
- Ink preparation / mixing / calculation of quantities
- Ink room equipment / machinery operation
- Department maintenance is logged on the appropriate system
- Oversee and approve work as required and provide quality feedback and advice to team members to ensure continuous improvement, providing support and assistance as necessary
- Daily Health and Safety checks, ensuring the use of PPE equipment, storage, use and disposal of hazardous goods
- Quality checking and defect reporting
- Waste Ink control
To deliver this role your skills and experience will include.
- Knowledgeable and experienced colourist
- High levels of attention to detail and highly accurate
- Working with and developing more junior team members
- Organised and able to work on varied tasks, prioritise your own workload
- Able to build strong relationships, communicate well at all levels and demonstrate flexibility and willing in your work
- Have an innovative approach to day to day challenges and a desire to solve issues and achieve targets.
You will have a ‘right first time’ approach and must take ownership of continuous improvement in this role. This role requires a willingness to work shifts and occasional overtime including weekends.
We would expect the successful candidate to demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills, personal integrity, and an ability to build relationships, communicate well and influence people. We are seeking a team player with a high level of commitment, vision, and drive. You will be calm under pressure, organised, methodical and have high attention to detail.
If you are flexible and have a positive attitude and can work well in a team environment, this could be your next exciting career move. If you have the required experience and feel your skills match the role above, please send your CV to Susan Venson. HR Manager for consideration.