Graphic Technician / Colour Separator
NJ Screen Prints is based in Hinckley and is the UK’s leading volume screen printer of garments to retail and trade. With leading edge printing technology and excellent relationships with high street retailers and all the major supermarket brands; NJ is a growing business that is improving turnover year on year. Employing around 175 staff NJ is focussed and committed to leading edge design, quality and customer service. Bioworld International is a joint venture with a leading US licensed goods business which is expected to drive significant growth opportunities in both licensed apparel and accessories across Europe to existing and new customers and employs 30 staff who are based on a shared site with NJ Screen Prints.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Colour Separator / Graphic Technician to join our team at NJ Screen Prints. You must be used to delivering in a fast-paced environment and to short lead times. Because we provide a ‘speed to market’ product for our customers sample garments are produced with the highest attention to detail, of excellent quality but importantly within very short timescales. The Art Team are dedicated to achieving these high standards at all times. You will undertake colour separations prior to screen printing, delivering high quality artworks within agreed time scales that are cost effective and efficient in terms of numbers of screens to be produced.
The role always requires proper process and procedure to be followed when working on allocated separation jobs.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- To undertake colour separation tasks at a high standard to meet the needs of the business
- Create artwork / separation files on to templates to be filed on internal systems within the agreed timescales for generic licensed designs and customer artwork
- Complete ink information documentation including colours and pantone references
- Quality check work for errors, spell checks, text correction and formatting to pre-arranged templates
- To provide feedback to the Account Manager to allow full and accurate communication with the customer as required.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Account Management, Sample Room, Sales, Processing, Production, and other internal departments to deliver the most efficient customer care and service.
To deliver this role your skills and experience will include:
- Proficient Mac Operator with experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS5
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in colour separation (both solid and photographic images using pantone colours) formatting, typesetting, colour correction and prior experience of screen print techniques an advantage
- This role requires a skilled multi-tasker who can work on varied tasks, change direction quickly and prioritise their own workload and maintain a good overview of progress in all areas of a fast-paced environment.
- Able to build strong relationships, communicate well at all levels and demonstrate flexibility with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have an innovative approach to day-to-day challenges and a desire to solve artwork and print issues and achieve targets.
- Be able to work both as part of a team as well as independently.
- The role requires flexible working hours at busy periods
- Other tasks and technical duties relevant to the post
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues
- Awareness of Housekeeping, Waste and Recycling
You will have a ‘right first time’ approach and must take ownership of continuous improvement in this role. We would expect the successful candidate to demonstrate personal integrity and an ability to build relationships, communicate well and be a team player. If you have a positive attitude and drive this could be your next exciting career move. If you have the required experience and feel your skills match the role above, please send your CV to Susan Venson. HR Manager for consideration.