This is a great opportunity to join a successful and expanding business. Reporting to the Head of Sales - UK & Ireland as a Product Specialist, you will be responsible in supporting the sales activities of Roland DG and maximizing the sales of Roland DG products. Knowledge of Large Format Inkjet Printer or similar industry would be an advantage.
Sector: Large Format Printing/Engraving/3D
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- Work closely with the Roland Head of Sales to deliver professional support to Roland DG dealers, manage sales enquiries, and demonstrations.
- Support the sales team and Roland dealers in customer demonstrations as required.
- To provide training for Roland DG dealers on product operation to support dealer sales activities.
- To provide end user product training on Roland machines and software packages during installations. Help with the set up and operation of machines for dealer and partner events and exhibitions.
- To support the European product management team and participate in product launch and training events. To be the local product management contact for specified Roland DG products. To support the EMEA Roland team at key international events and exhibitions.
- To support dealers with the installation of key products at selected times.
- To support dealers with the installation of new products and also train them on the installation process.
- To stay on top of innovations in applications and uses of the Roland equipment so that it is possible to show all the potential uses of Roland DG machines.
- Provide software & application support to facilitate the production of key customer, Creative Centre and exhibition samples and graphics.
- To create bespoke samples to support sales and product enquiries on a range of materials for different applications. Work with the Roland Care department to assist with the resolution of technical support and installation issues.
- Any other duties relevant to this role.
- At least 5 years experience in the printing industry, in a product-focused position.
- Must be able to demonstrate the entire Roland DG product range and their associated software packages.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of media and consumable solutions for the Roland product range.
- Extensive knowledge of design packages widely used in the industry, such as CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, Solid Works and Rhino.
- Must be able to commission Roland DG machines “out of the box” and be able to ensure the machines are in a production ready position.
- Must have a working knowledge of 3rd party RIP and software packages, including ErgoSoft, EFI, Wasatch & Onyx. Customer centric “can do” attitude.
- Good understanding of Roland, Complimentary and Competitor products.
- Ability to work alone but also as part of a team using knowledge sharing to the best advantage for the team.
- Willingness to travel nationally & internationally which will involve regular overnight stays at short notice.
- Understanding of the various markets in which Roland operates.
- Understanding of the Roland sales methods and route to market. Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload. Maintain a self-development program.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Evidence of a successful customer service ethos, preferable with experience of service level agreement.
Experience & Education
- Educated to at least “GCSE” Level or equivalent.
- Proven graphic and sign production/manufacture experience.
- Able to use to production standards entire Roland product range; including both hardware and software.
- Proven creativity and artistic skills.
- Full UK driver’s license Personable and confident, with good communication skills (written and oral) and ability to communicate at all levels
To apply for any of these positions please attach your CV and state your salary expectations.
Apply for Product Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly