Print Production Operator - Large Format Color (11:30 AM to 8:00 PM)
ARC Document Solutions is seeking an experienced Print Production Operator for our Large Format Color Dept. In this position, you will receive and process wide-format print work utilizing large format color printers.
These are the exciting things you will be doing:
- Receive, process, and maintain orders for wide format printers to perform color print services and prioritize work assignments based on customer needs, workload, and machine capabilities. Print proofs for sign-off.
- Study production schedule. Estimate hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Inform the Manager of any requests that can't be met. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Make suggestions regarding paper, binding, productivity and color workflow options.
- Process PDF, and graphics files that come in e-mail, delivery, walk-in, or other methods.
- Ensure the required resources are available to complete the job (media, fonts, graphics, etc.).
- Evaluate output and make adjustments to obtain the desired level of image quality.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during job submission or the printing process.
- Address problematic orders and customer complaints.
- Inspect finished work for sharpness, the density of line, position, count, and sizes.
- Minor maintenance functions include cleaning, replenishing consumables, replacing filters, and waste containers.
- Provide good customer service to maintain current accounts and enhance the company's image.
- Process, comprehend and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Gather, organize, and wrap completed work for delivery to customers or the next department.
- Report mechanical failure to the Production Manager or Branch Manager.
- Work overtime when necessary. Overtime is a condition of employment.
This is what we are looking for:
- Experience in color reprographics field in a professional environment using graphic applications
- 1-2 years of direct color services and design such as signage, posters, projects, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of materials and equipment utilized in color printing, duplicating, binding and finishing
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft products