Production Planner - Large Format Print
PRODUCTION PLANNER - LARGE FORMAT PRINT
£Open (Depending on Experience) + 21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension + Perkbox + Life Insurance + Free On-Site Parking
Our client is a leading Digital Print company based in South Wales. They have an impressive portfolio of retail clients for whom they print a vast array of point of sale, FSDU's, Banners etc.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Planner to join their team. The chosen candidate will be reporting into the Production Director.
You will be responsible for effectively and professionally controlling and managing all aspects of the print production plan, ensuring workflow is successfully scheduled and managed as per client requirements prior to dispatch in a cost-effective manner.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of Production Planning / Scheduling, from a print background.
- Plans, controls, organises and monitors the flow of multiple client print campaigns including machine allocation, to ensure maximum performance with minimum delay.
- Oversees the smooth and effective completion of scheduled work, referring any projected/actual deviations from plan to the Production Director with a proposed action plan for resolution.
- Formulates and issues production schedules.
- Plans and prioritises workflow to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Amends and reformulates the production plan as and when required, sometimes at short notice,
- Identifies any additional labour, equipment and raw material requests to cover production demand referring as necessary to Production Director/ HR manager.
- Works as an effective member of the production planning team and closely with colleagues across the company including production, management, client services, technical and sales to ensure the production plan meets client/dispatch requirements.
- Attends and presents planning information at production meetings/job briefings as and when required.
- Reviews and interprets system paperwork such as job card instructions/spreadsheets incorporating accordingly into the production plan.
- Undertakes and participates in any training and development as requested by the Company.
- Supports on-the-job training and development of colleagues as necessary.
- Performs any additional reasonable duties, as required by the company, to ensure the effective and efficient running of the production plans
Skills & Requirements:
- Solid experience in a fast-paced production planning role ideally within the print industry.
- Knowledge of print production processes and machinery.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Proven track record of interpreting and making sound judgments involving a range of situations/facts.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form effective relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify solutions to planning problems.