Planning & Purchasing Assistant Print & Packaging
Our client has an immediate vacancy for a Planning & Purchasing Assistant, to provide excellent administrative and customer support, working out of a world-class production facility in Hertfordshire.
A company that is focused on providing innovative, quality solutions to its customers for a wide range of packaging requirements. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join a thriving, passionate account management team and help continue to build on the long-term success and contribute to the client's growth strategy.
What the role looks like
Reporting to the Planning & Purchasing Manager, the Planning & Purchasing Assistant will help to effectively plan and manage the flow of customer orders through the business, liaising with both internal departments and suppliers to ensure we achieve 100% OTIF delivery to our customers.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a pressurised environment excelling at balancing ever-changing workload. This role requires someone who has a methodical but flexible approach whilst always being aware of Company goals. You need to be pro-active and very organised, and able to think strategically. You must take ownership of your workload and thrive under pressure.
· Update material reservations daily
· Respond to any e-mail queries daily
· Liaise with Account Managers to discuss any delays in time or process
· Raise weekly production purchase orders
· Raise material purchase orders on an ad-hoc basis responding to short term material requirements
· Manage status updates on CERM (MIS system) for all job bags passing through the area daily
· Attend and contribute to daily production meetings
· Cover for the Planning & Purchasing Manager when on holiday, days off and any other absence
· Manage a small group of suppliers and maintain effective working relationships in conjunction with the Planning & Purchasing Manager
· Liaise with Goods-In to resolve any delivery/stock queries
· Other administrative duties as and when needed
Skills & experience required
· Experience within the print and packaging industry or a very similar manufacturing environment
· Planning experience in FMCG company is essential
· Numerical and verbal reasoning essential, with commercial awareness
· An effective communicator at all levels, both written and verbal
· Effective problem-solving skills are essential
· Deliver excellent customer service to all stakeholders
· Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work
· Pro-active and enthusiastic approach, with commitment and dedication to the role
· An effective team player
· Competent working independently and using own initiative
· Computer literate with strong Excel skills
A competitive salary and benefits package is available
We look forward to hearing from you!