Chief Operating Officer
Our client’s mission is to offer exceptionally high quality and innovative printed products. To achieve that, they are involved in all aspects of the value chain from product design, development, IT and systems, manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, customer service, and retailing. Currently experiencing significant expansion, they are looking for a new executive board member through the appointment of a high calibre Chief Operations Officer.
This pivotal role is to be responsible and accountable for the company’s operational strategies, and to ensure their effective implementation. A collegiate business manager who helps execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, commercial acumen and leadership.
Our client is not only looking for a technically orientated COO, but one who also views the quality of the products they manufacture as central to their value proposition and can best use technology as an enabling tool. A COO who can incorporate people and product considerations with improved technology to drive operational efficiencies and profitable growth.
The COO will take ownership across the IT Network, System ERP, CRM, factory production workflow, order management, API and EDI setup with retailers, the accounts systems, and outside web agencies.
You will oversee the whole value chain, joining the operational pieces together and co-ordinating the work process to be more efficient and effective - from order input, to production, to fulfilment, to finance and accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement operational business strategies, plans and procedures
- Measuring effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally finding ways to improve processes
- Responsible for operational effectiveness of the company’s production units, supporting and adding value, delivering & driving systems and production workflow enhancements
- Manage company.Net programmers/contractors, IT network support personnel & overseeing IT agencies including those that run e-commerce platforms
- Responsible for company ERP system (Access Supply chain) and ensuring fully utilised to maximum effect
- Motivate staff to meet or surpass organisational and sales goals
- Foster a collaborative environment across diverse teams
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Highly self-motivated, with the desire to succeed and add value
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Experience of managing IT programmers/teams, and technical agencies
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in project management, strategic planning, budgeting and business development
- Solid background of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Strong knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent written and interpersonal, and public speaking skills
- Exceptional aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong experience with Production and understanding of everyday shop floor issues and limitations
- Logistics knowledge and experience of drop ship operations
- Provide regular clear reporting to the CEO and other relevant stakeholders on business and team performance in line with business objectives
Please only apply if you are in the print sector and have been for most of your career.
Apply for Chief Operating Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly