European Business Development Manager - Flexible Packaging
EUROPEAN BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - FLEXIBLE PACKAGING
HOMEBASED IN THE UK OR GERMANY
£Open + Company Car + Bonus + other Benefits TBD
Our client is an International group with manufacturing locations globally. They are current looking to recruit a Business Development Manager based in the UK or Germany. The successful candidate is required to speak English as first language or fluently, and preferably German or another European language. You will be covering all European regions with a focus on, Germany, France, Benelux, UK, Italy, Poland, Iberia
Background: Previous experience in sales of flexible packaging products for the food and catering sector, industrial, agricultural and hygiene sectors.
The role requires the candidate to travel around Europe frequently within a certain specified monthly travel budget; therefore, a valid European passport is essential.
The candidate is expected to commence the following main tasks
- Identify and generate leads that are potential users for the group's products.
- Communicate and follow up with the factories for prices, business development projects, material testing and agreeing negotiation margins.
- Drive the process of converting sales leads into prospects and potential customers.
- Liaise closely with the sales manager for Europe, and the senior business development manager for technical and commercial support.
- Convert prospects into customers, liaise and coordinate with the sales team in UK to guarantee a continuous sales support and nurturing the relationship with the customers.
- Coordinate with product managers of the factories for customers visits when required and only if needed.
- This is required from time to time to support the technical sales approach and the complementing commercial discussions.
- Candidate should practise a sense of responsibility in optimising the travel expenses, as this area will continuously be assessed based on the sales performance.
Markets: Flexible Packaging (Plastics and Paper based products)
- Food packaging (Ice Cream packaging, Dairy products packaging - for example butter wrap).
- Sophisticated flexible packaging market (i.e. Oxygen barrier films).
- Hygiene market (PE bags, PE backsheets for nappies, and underpad).
- Consumer sector including Aluminium foil products.
- Industrial films (Stretch film, Shrink film, Additives, coloured masterbatch, and filler additives).
- Catering sector (Refuse sacks, Paper sacks, PE bags) -
- Agricultural sector (Green house covers, Mulch film, Silage covers)
Apply for European Business Development Manager - Flexible Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly