We are working with a dynamic print and communications company which specialises in growing customer’s business via offline channels. This is a company that prides itself on the working environment created for its employees. You can expect an open, collaborative and fast-paced working environment with a fantastic team of dedicated people.
This client is looking for a fast-thinking dynamic, and highly motivated individual with an ability to shape a solution to meet customer needs. The candidate will thrive on a fast-paced working environment, showing an ability to take a flexible approach to workload, to manage peaks and troughs and provide ad hoc support in other areas as required. You will also require excellent time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously to deadlines. Having the ability to make decisions relating to projects are a must.
A background within the printing industry is essential
Produce accurate print specifications, select appropriate suppliers and request quotes
Estimating in the most efficient, cost-effective way, meeting agreed deadlines
Review submitted costs, identify discrepancies, potential cost savings and negotiation opportunities
Providing technical input and advice on print projects as required
Manage quality issues with deliveries, or services, ensuring satisfactory resolution
Raise and process purchase orders, and associated documentation
Providing key daily administration using the companies M.I.S and other software packages
Liaising with Account Managers and Sales when taking client briefs to ensure the optimum method of production
Has previous experience of monitoring supply chain performance and can follow auditing protocols from a range of manufacturing environments.
Handling print requirements for a varied range of direct mail campaigns.
Knowledge of offline marketing routes (door drops, P.A.M, Insert placement etc)
Needs to be proficient in all Microsoft Office products especially Excel.
- You must be a considerate team player, within the production team, and working closely with sales and customer services
- Enthusiastic and inquisitive – looking to understand what they are purchasing and why
- Strives for improvement at every opportunity
- Highly skilled in both written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage several projects at any one time within a fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in communicating and negotiating with others
- Be able to prioritise schedules and manage own workload, highlighting any issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ability to make decisions fast and effectively.
Apply for Print Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly