Operations Director- Board Position
About the Client
Our client is an innovative business that has a reputation of being one of the most efficient printers in the UK, whilst this reputation is well earned, they are so much more. They are a customer focussed business delivering on exactly what the client needs with a very clear strategy and a mixture of both volume and margin contracts and accounts. Fully utilising their resources, technologies, suppliers and capabilities to deliver exceptional results has to be a given. Automation is absolutely key to their success and as a business they continue to strive for this at all levels of the business.
They have a requirement for a proven Board level Operations Director, someone at the top of their game, thriving on pressure and delivering results. The business has a clear direction for the future, they need a true leader to deliver the targets, and more. They are looking for an inspirational people person, a leader who will grow with the business.
The successful Candidate will ensure they remain best in class. The role will mean a broad range of responsibilities with the focus being on the smooth running of the commercial and manufacturing side of the business whilst always meeting if not exceeding our customers’ expectations.
As well as the smooth running they will expect the right person to;
• ‘Challenge the Norm’ look at new technology and machinery opportunities.
• Constantly improve working practices, efficiencies, machinery, technology and integration opportunities.
• Ensure they remain sustainable and always be proactive be aware of and move with the demands of the market changes and trends.
• Ensure they continue at the lowest cost base possible and ensure the cost base is aligned with the market conditions, while improving the overall business.
• Ensure controls, Customer Service, quality and lead times are consistently meeting and/or exceeding Customer expectations.
• Contribute towards the overall strategy and Board of Directors.
• Ownership and full responsibility of the P&L and reporting to the Board of Directors.
• Motivate and inspire the teams.
• Promote the business in line with the board expectations and strategy.
• Remove administration and data entry with automation where possible – reduce transaction costs and time.
• Experience with dealing with customers from all sectors of the market, Direct, Print Management and Online partners.
Overall responsibility and strategy:
- Manufacturing Efficiency
- Product Quality
- Despatch and SLAs
- Customer Service
The Operations Director will report into the Group Managing Director and work very closely with the Group Sales Director.
Experience and qualifications
• Previous Operations Director experience.
• In-depth knowledge of litho production and quality processes.
• Degree educated (not essential).
• Tharsterns knowledge or similar management MIS software.