Account Manager - The Netherlands
Our client is a global leader in packaging solutions for the world’s most famous names and are described as a pioneer in product sustainability and innovation across the global supply chain.
This opportunity is for our Client's Flexible Packaging business in Europe and the successful candidate will need to have a solid print background.
- A knowledge of blown film / flexible packaging would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Main role functions:
- Operate as a point of contact for assigned accounts with client base comprising Retailers, Manufacturers, Agents and Buying Offices).
- Make sure clients receive requested products and services.
- Communicate client needs and demands to management.
- Coordinate with staff members working on the same account to ensure consistent service.
- Collaborate with local sales teams to reach prospective clients.
- Support local sales teams with local projects.
- Maintain accurate records relating to individual projects.
- Works closely with all production sites and customers to provide forecasts and reports.
- Provides assistance to production sites regarding stock management.
- Prepare briefs for quotation and assist with subsequent cost analysis and bid preparation.
Project Development / Management
- Develop products according to customer needs.
- Execute and monitor projects, ensuring key milestones are achieved on time.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of packaging / labelling artwork and specifications.
- Co-ordinate sampling with production sites and submit samples for approval, once they have been carefully checked.
- Maintain a library of approved samples.
- Liaise closely with artworkers and designers, as well as with all production sites.
- Liaise closely with all customers (retailers, manufacturers, agents and buying offices).
- Work closely with all production sites and customers to provide forecasts and reports.
- Assist production sites with production planning and stock management.
- Provide new project briefs to the relevant production sites.
- Help with the ongoing management of new and established projects.
- Coordinate with external suppliers for European projects.
Reporting and Administration
- Able to manage own time effectively to ensure the smooth running of accounts.
- Communicate regularly with the European sales team and the sister companies to ensure good information and work flow.
- Maintain accurate records using the agreed systems and ensure all customer files are well organised.
Skills and Experience
- Reasonable level of packaging knowledge / experience (products, technology, market).
- Good project management skills.
- Sales focused.
- Fluent English language skills.
- IT literate (MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, the internet).
- Flexibility - willingness to travel both in EU and further afield if required.
- Driving licence
- Conscientious with accurate attention to detail.
- Excellent team working skills, essential in a global business.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to prioritise in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to work proactively and on own initiative and actively solve problems when needed.
- Commitment to, and empathy with, the aims and objectives of the Group
Apply for Account Manager - The Netherlands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly