Head of Studio & Artwork
Head of Studio & Artwork | Print Production | London | £38,000 - £42,000
New Year, New Start people!...We have a fantastic hybrid role for an experienced Studio Manager with creative artwork skills to take this Head of Studio / Head of Artwork off our hands! You will based in our wonderful client's head office in North London and as the Head of Studio & Artwork you will be accountable for the output of all artwork, working closely with the team of artworkers to ensure all files are within spec and print ready. In addition to this the general Studio workflow (Creative and Artworking) will fall under your responsibility, mostly ensuring everything is completed on time and to brief, prioritising jobs according to SLA’s and timelines.
Leading a team of artwork talent, you will look to progress, support and challenge your team and deliver a 1st class service to the client.
Some of the Accountabilities/Responsibilities for the Head of Studio & Artwork;
- To manage and supervise the Studio (including freelancers) with ultimate responsibility for all artworkers
- To motivate, train and direct work to improve your team’s skills and outputs.
- To gauge the skills of each artworker and identify aresa for up-skilling through training/courses
- To come up with the best production solution within budget
- To provide production input when involved in new business pitches
- To liaise with client, where appropriate on larger artworking projects
- To sign off all artwork before submitting to client or print, to ensure they meet
the brief, spec and are of sufficient quality
- To be hands on with artworking as and when required, especially on more complex and creative jobs
- To have a thorough knowledge of Mac based programmes – Cinema 4D, Photoshop, illustrator, In-design, Creative Suite etc
- To have in-depth knowledge of Adobe CC, Microsoft Excel and Word
- To have minimum 8 years experience in design and marketing
- Have a comprehensive understanding of print production services and studio/prepress environments
- Well developed people-management skills
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Be naturally approachable and work at best in a high-pressure environment
Does this sound like a bit of you!? If you are an experienced Studio Manager with excellent artwork experience, we want to hear from you! Please send over your details ASAP and start the New Year with an excellent New job!
Apply for Head of Studio & Artwork
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly