Business Development Manager
- Contract Type
SGK (formerly IDL Colourlink) design, produce and install large format graphic window displays for leading high street names such as John Lewis, The Disney Store, Space NK, Sweaty Betty and Lacoste.
We use our knowledge and creativity to breathe life into our client’s brand vision, on both a visual and emotional level. Our joy comes from, inspiring, engaging, exciting, and delivering successful retail brand experiences. Our team prides itself on our unique and definitive mix of creative spark, technical capability, attention to detail and gold standard finish.
Our design studio is located near Angel tube station in London and our production facility is in Witham, Essex and is fully equipped with the latest production technology. This includes an extensive print capability with UV Flatbed, dye-sublimation, latex and inkjet printers, vinyl plotters, CAD cutting tables and CNC routers. We also have a woodworking facility for building bespoke displays and a network of trade suppliers to assist with volume production. We have 28 staff and turnover is currently in excess of £3m per year.
We are part of the Matthews’ SGK Brand Solutions business which is a $750m global graphics and packaging business. Within this IDL Worldwide focuses on retail experiences and has other design and production facilities in Germany (Leipzig) and the USA (Portland and Pennsylvania). We recently rebranded to SGK, along with the company’s other sub-brands, which will position us a major force in the brand experiences market.
This is a new business/sales role which involves utilising your experience and contacts in the retail sector to develop and convert opportunities into new sales for the business. You will work closely with the Sales Director and Creative Manager; and have an influence on production - where you will be supported by our account management and production teams at our facility in Essex.
There is flexibility on where the role will be based – choosing from our Witham site, our offices near Angel, London, or remote/home working (or a combination of these). You will report to the Sales Director.
- Lead generation
- Market our services through targeted campaigns in order to grow our client base.
- Identify new business opportunities and present the company’s services.
- Obtain a detailed understanding of the client’s requirements and brief our creative team who will prepare mood boards, visuals and samples.
- Suggest materials, prepare detailed estimates/project plans and present final proposals to the client.
- Build long-term client relationships.
- Promote the company’s services at events and work with our internal creative team on stand design and supporting communications.
- Monitor industry trends and carry out competitor research.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly