Global Packaging Account Manager
A leading specialist print and packaging company has an exciting opportunity for an account manager to act as the face of the organisation, using excellent customer relationship management and influencing skills to develop both new and existing and accounts within the clothing retail sector across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity for a results focused individual to join a dynamic, fast-paced and ever evolving environment.
- Manage the named accounts to maximise profitability, in line with corporate objectives, business plan and sales targets.
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing and potential customers through effective communication (telephone, email, letter, visit, etc) and building appropriate networks and partnerships.
- Responsible for account managing, sustaining and maximising revenues from named accounts.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement, variations in price, delivery and specification.
- Accountable for sales forecasting (including aged stock) and sales budgeting by providing accurate sales forecasts for all sourcing regions.
- Contribute to the annual business planning and budget process.
- Directly involved in commercial decisions that impact the profitability of the named accounts.
- Identify market trends to grow incremental revenue/commercial opportunities.
- Liaise with the sister companies to manage the named accounts.
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Design, Production, Sales Administration, Credit Control and Finance) to manage named accounts.
- Collect information and prepare proposals for new and existing customers.
- Contribute to development of marketing strategy and materials.
- Contribute to product development in response to customer needs.
- Work alongside other Global Account Managers to ensure a consistent process across the business and the sister companies.
- Partner with production to resolve quality issues as needed.
- Attend trade exhibitions, events, trials and demonstrations and other ad hoc activities involving customers, after lifting of covid restrictions
- Keep abreast of companies’ products and services.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ activities.
This global account management role requires an organised individual who will be proactive in providing detailed reports on a monthly basis against a set timetable and maintain accurate records using the agreed systems. These reports will highlight a concise review of the period and details an update on the named accounts, target accounts and news on competitor activity. You will be expected to manage own administration to ensure the smooth running of each of the named accounts, and communicate regularly with the internal UK sales team and the sister companies to ensure good information and work flow.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound business analysis skills: experience of managing budgets and ability to interpret financial reports.
- Detail conscious and accurate.
- Experience of providing strategic input to senior management.
- Excellent team working skills as the Group is a global organisation, getting along with your colleagues is essential.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to prioritise in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to work proactively and on own initiative and actively solve problems when required.
- Extensive knowledge of clothing retailers and garment producers.
- IT literate (MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, the internet).
- Commitment to, and empathy with, the aims and objectives of the Group.
- Current driving licence (no more than 3 points)
Ideally experience in flexible packaging / film based packaging
Operating on a global level will not only require someone with the flexibility to travel extensively, both in the UK and to regions where sister companies are located, but also a someone with experience working in, and with a sensitivity to different cultures. This is applicable when dealing with clients and colleagues.