Technical & Development Manager
A highly specialised print company at the very pinnacle of the sector they operate in has an opening within its management team. In this pivotal role, you will lead all technical aspects of manufacture and supply including product development, internal and external quality, process development and compliance. As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for leadership in delivering our shared objectives, vision and purpose, not just for your department but for the business as a whole, providing a link with the sales team to increase profitability of the company.
- Lead all technical trials with the technical team.
- Work alongside the Design team to identify new techniques/ materials to improve our product offering, generated within the team and in response to specific customer requests.
- Ensure all NCRs are reviewed and corrective actions generated are followed through.
- Work alongside the operations teams to deliver continuous improvement in the quality in terms of aesthetics as well as yield/ complaints, within the cost targets.
- Ensure our Quality Management System is robust and meets the externally audited requirements of ISO 9001.
- Conduct and control all new machinery/process trialling in conjunction with Engineering and the relevant departmental manager and identified process operatives.
- Ensure that all new machinery/processes are implemented in line with the companies Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Licenses.
- Communicate any change or trial with the relevant Departmental Manager and peers.
- Ensure that all processes are executed in an efficient and speedy manner. This to be carried out to meet all requirements and in a method, which is cost effective, providing a comprehensive and efficient service.
- Implement the most efficient work practices, aiming for zero errors, nil waste, no double handling, through regularly reviewing current process and scenarios, highlighting any areas of concern, suggesting improvements where necessary.
- Reduce level of manual intervention by leveraging existing applications to automate routine activities.
- Constantly aiming for the highest standards of quality and efficiency through a thorough understanding of the industry, latest technical requirements and process review.
- Ensure all data is maintained and accurate in the systems utilised by the company.
- Assess performance constantly identifying and sharing success factors, identifying bottlenecks, execute root cause analysis, propose improvements.
- Be responsible for health & safety in the working area
The 3 most important characteristics our client is looking for are:
1) Good technical knowledge and skills
2) Drive continuous improvement to reduce cost and increasing prices by adding value
3) An aspirational individual with a commercial understanding and appreciation