Business Development Manager - Direct Mail / Digital
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - DIRECT MAIL / DIGITAL
HOMEBASED / CENTRAL UK
£Open depending on experience + Commission + Health Cash Plan + Life Assurance + Pension
Our client is a well-established direct mail and print solutions company based in the West Midlands. They are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join their team.
Your primary focus will be customer base growth and sales generation, through the acquisition of new customers using a combination of pro-active sales activity, such as prospecting, networking, tender opportunities and inbound new business enquiries. You will have / develop an in-depth knowledge of company products, services and vision. You will have prime responsibility for your performance against both sales and behavioral targets.
The role is a home-based role; however, we would like you to come to the office one day a week and travel for new business and client meetings is also expected.
- To positively help promote and support the growth of the business
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends to support business growth and underpinning corporate market strategy
- Generating quotes / proposals and proactively progressing opportunities to conversion
- Produce quotations and proposals in line with the companies agreed acceptable commercial model
- Maintaining CRM & pipeline
- Proactively look to upsell and cross sell company products and services, across all communication platforms
- Work with the Client Services Team to re-instate lapsed customers, into occasional or regular users, understanding and remedying any concerns / reasons for lapsing
- Pro-actively communicating with past quoted prospects and targeting suitable businesses known to you to seek out additional quotation and account opening opportunities
- Maintain a close relationship with new business accounts and client services to ensure customer retention and development of commercial relationship, through developing growth strategies and plans
- Endeavour to maximise the gross profit margin of all orders to include: quoting at correct margins help minimising job labour / material costs / minimising the postage job costs to BG
- Liaise closely with Client Services to ensure timely and accurate hand over of customer orders to ensure that correct and full information is being passed through to your Production Colleagues
- Ensuring that customer schedules and deadlines are being realistically set (in line with the company capacity) and met
- To conduct any other duties not mentioned above, as reasonably required by a Director/s of the company