Maintenance Technician (Night Shift) - Flexo / Labels
NEW VACANCY! (PK6748)
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (NIGHT SHIFT) - FLEXO / LABELS
£Open depending on Experience + 30% Shift Allowance + 25 days + public holidays, Private Healthcare, Pension (matched up to 7%), Incentive Bonus, Death in Service benefit (3 x salary) plus other benefits TBD
Our client, a Labels Company based in Lancashire, is currently looking to grow their team with the appointment of a Maintenance Technician. As a Maintenance Technician, you may be required to perform tasks involved in the upkeep of the building and grounds, along with installation, maintenance, repairing of hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, mechanical and electrical systems on all production machines, equipment and building.
May be required to perform purchasing and inventory of maintenance parts & supplies and interact with; suppliers, manufacturers and internal department personnel.
The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, work independently and follow standards for safety, quality and conduct.
- Performs scheduled PMs and visually inspect and test assigned machines and equipment for proper functionality against plan.
- Daily, receives assigned work order to complete on equipment.
- Upon completion of work, enters appropriate information onto CMMS system for filing and tracking against KPI's
- Helps controls unplanned downtime by informing/training production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment as required.
- Maintains equipment according to instructions such as replacing belts on motors, changing filters, bearings, etc.
- Maintains parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Perform reactive repairs on production machines and/or equipment when a malfunction has been detected in a timely manner to minimize any associated downtime.
- Annalise cause of any unplanned downtime and recommend any improvements/process changes to reduce recurrence.
- Perform machine installations/moves and building maintenance tasks as needed.
- Assist production workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Ensures that a high level of safety is always adhered to on and off the production floor.
- Previous tenure of a minimum of 3 years in a maintenance similar technician role with both mechanical and electrical experience.
- Must exhibit outstanding ability to learn and comprehend the fundamentals of the functioning of all machines used within the business - Flexographic printing / blank label convertors/turret rewinders etc..
- Excellent attendance record.
- Capable of working a night shift and overtime when necessary.
- Show initiative.
- Good numerical skills.
- Confident and a quick learner.
- Computer literate.
- Experience working in fast paced (JIT) working environment.
- Good general level of education.
Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
Ability to self-motivate.
Team player with excellent time management and organizational skills.
Good problem solving and decision making skills.
Must be reliable and conscientious with a flexable approach to duties.
Ability to follow detailed, specific instructions.
BTEC certificate in operations and maintenance engineering.
City & Guilds Electrical and Electronic Engineering (8030) Level 2 certificate or higher in electrical installation.
City & Guilds Engineering Maintenance (1788)
City & Guilds 18th Edition.
PLC programming/fault diagnostic experience (Omron).
FLT Licence - Counterbalance, reach & VNA
MEWP License - Scissor & articulating boom.