Corrugate Packaging Technical Designer
Are you a results driven and motivated Technical Designer looking for the next challenge in your career? Do you want to join a market-leading plc, providing the best products and services in their industry?
Our client is a successful industry-leader, achieving year on year sales growth via organic business development and strategic acquisition. Offering a dynamic product portfolio of packaging solutions, they work with renowned organisations to manufacture industry leading solutions.
The Technical Designer Role
Drawing on your expertise in corrugate carton manufacturing, you will provide innovative and tailored design solutions for both existing and potential customers. You will work hand-in-hand with customers to achieve direct and indirect cost savings through continual improvements in productivity and efficiencies. This client provides strong development and progression opportunities so is perfect for someone seeking career advancement.
Technical Designer Responsibilities
- You will be capable of listening to the customer’s needs and be able to communicate in a professional and coherent manner; both in conversation and presentational form
- Taking briefs and using various design software you will be creating innovative cost saving solutions for customers
- You will work to provide tailored solutions to all customers, whilst demonstrating a caring approach to their business requirements and challenges
- Access consumer tastes, market trends and product details in order to conceptualise package designs
- Working closely with customers you will ensure goals are met, whilst considering branding, safety, and cost implications
- You will generate reports on an ongoing basis to support proposals made to customers and log design activities
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent time-keeping skills and be able to juggle a range of tasks/projects for numerous customers, to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Prioritise your workload accordingly
- Produce finished customer samples, 3D visuals, artwork proofs and presentations
Do you have the correct profile?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated - enjoying the buzz and challenge of a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be IT literate with strong time management and prioritisation skills. You will have a real team spirit and be able to build relationships with internal and external partners.
- CAD experience using either Kasemake, Artios or Impact
- Print repro experience using Adobe CC
- Team player
- Results driven
- Specific sector industry knowledge and experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal at all levels
- Customer Facing
- Can work under own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Can-do attitude
- Track record of cost saving projects
- Full driving license
- Good knowledge of Excel