A great opportunity has arisen within our Management team as our Studio Manager, based in Buckingham.
BCQ is a creative production company providing strategic, creative and productive services to support our customer's marketing, from one source. Through our services our aim is to transform our customer’s marketing and help them to make a real difference in their business.
Our diversity of services means we have a team who can advise, devise, produce and deliver our customer's projects, be they a digital or print campaign, a website, a mailing, point-of-sale, an exhibition, printed collateral, social media strategy, video or an integrated mix of them all.
To find out more about BCQ visit: bcqgroup.com
About the role:
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary dependant on experience. BCQ is recognised as the leading marketing services provider in the Buckinghamshire area. We are committed to delivering the very highest level of quality and customer service.
As our Studio Manager you will be responsible for a team of Studio Operators, ensuring that the daily management of the function runs smoothly, and all processes are maintained. You will oversee the smooth transition of designs through to printed product, ensuring that they are print-ready and meet all of the necessary technical standards and specifications. You will also lead the charge in the company objective and strategy for increased utilisation and implementation of automation and improvement in proofing workflows, working closely with the existing online and technical teams at BCQ to deliver this.
What we're looking for in our Studio Manager:
- Excellent colour knowledge, working to ISO12647 colour standard and manipulating curves on presses, using Bodoni Press Sign.
- An excellent understanding of the printing industry, including impositions, pre-flighting, proofing and plate making to print standards ensuring there are no errors and files are ready for print.
- Strong knowledge and experience of industry standard software, Adobe Creative Suite, Pitstop are essential. Knowledge of Fuji XMF PDF workflow would be an advantage. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel & Word.
- Variable data experience using HP Smartstream designer, or similar software.
- Excellent knowledge of print imposition software, ensuring artwork is print ready and matches job ticket.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to meet the challenges of the role within a busy Studio.
- Using and maintaining platemaking equipment, software and Epson proofing devices.
- Able to work in a calm manner within a pressurised, fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Liaising with suppliers and outworkers for consumables we order, Plates, Epson inks and paper.
- Identifying and leading the development and implementation of Prepress workflow process improvements and automation.
- Ensuring the upkeep of pre-press servers and data backups.
- Good communication skills with production staff, customer service team, and Directors to ensure the smooth operation of the Studio.
- Ability to undertake project work where necessary.
- Happy to have daily Involvement in production meetings – offering support/opinion and assistance.
- Able to develop and introduce supplier relationships where possible.
- Required to train / mentor for cover as required and provide support with HR needs including appraisals and disciplinary issues where necessary.
- Working knowledge of Enfocus Switch required (development of workflows desirable)
- Working knowledge JDF/API integrations (implementation and development desirable)
- Wide format experience desirable
Cover letter required with application along with desired salary, availability and references.