Structural Designer (Mid-weight)
Working across a wide range of high profile customers from FMCG to home entertainment, our client covers all areas of integrated marketing from Shopper marketing, digital & social media, ATL, experiential and brand strategy and POS.
As Mid weight structural designer on the structural team, you will:-
Deliver innovative, commercial and creative structural designs for POS & theatrical displays, using your expertise in the following areas:-
- Creative problem solving and value engineering.
- Designing for cardboard both commercially and aesthetically.
- Creative functionality.
- Working with 2D and 3D designers to create specs from visuals.
- Laying up for litho, screen and digital print, and the restraints of these techniques.
- A wide range of Card and Semi perm materials / tolerances (corrugate / solid board / display board & PVC).
Working across a number of mediums and formats, including:-
- Creative engineering of your structures, using Artios.
- Estimate specifications & costing documents.
- Final specifications for production.
- Cutting and sampling – Creating white and colour mock ups of your work.
- Creation of clear and concise assembly instructions.
- Scamps and animations of your ideas, where necessary.
Have a commercial understanding of POP law & restrictions, in order to ensure units are both creative and in line with industry standards.
Manage the sign off procedure, including sign off of final specification documents.
Completing transit testing, weight testing and any other tests your work might require to ensure it is fit for purpose as well as on brief and on budget.
Demonstrate understanding in print production techniques and their impact on corrugate. You will have a keen understanding of problem solving this area.
Take and interpret briefs, juggling a wide range of jobs without compromising on output.
Be responsible for the joint reputation and profile of your team within the business, and positively represent that team at all times.
Key accountabilities include:
- Seamless and effective project delivery – on time, on brief, on budget
- Ensure all sign off procedures are adhered to
- Report on any workload issues in a timely fashion
- Work with the rest of the creative team to ensure your work is commercial and achievable
- Demonstrate an awareness of the bigger picture of the total account as well as the industry
- Understand client and business confidentiality regulations and how to manage sensitive IP
Maintain high level of software knowledge as required for the role.
To be considered for this Structural Designer position, you must have experience of using Artios or a similar CAD program, ideally with exposure to C4D or a similar 3D design program.
So, if you're of a structural design/engineering background with exposure to large scale POS and packaging, along with experience of working with global brands on FMCG requirements, we would love to hear from you!