Direct Mail Manager
5 days left
- Contract Type
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our Direct Mail team for an experienced Direct Mail Manager, based at our Head Office in Buckingham.
BCQ is a creative production company providing strategic, creative and productive services to support our customer's marketing, from one source. Through our services our aim is to transform our customer’s marketing and help them to make a real difference in their business.
Our diversity of services means we have a team who can advise, devise, produce and deliver our customer's projects, be they a digital or print campaign, a website, a mailing, point-of-sale, an exhibition, printed collateral, social media strategy, video or an integrated mix of them all.
To find out more about BCQ visit: bcqgroup.com
About the role:
You will join us on a full time basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary dependant on experience. BCQ is recognised as the leading marketing services provider in the Buckinghamshire area. We are committed to delivering the very highest level of quality and customer service.
As our Direct Mail Manager you will be working closely with our Account Managers and Direct Mail team to advise, price and manage our Direct Mail work through the business and work to an exceptionally high standard.
What we're looking for:
Responsible for maximising revenues from the proactive job management and planning of order processing & client/sales contact.
This role is to be the main point of contact for Direct Mail liaison between sales, account management and production. To help account managers help customers spec jobs, to quote jobs and oversee through to completion, making sure that jobs are completed in full and on time.
- Management of client work booked in by account management team (this will mostly require your own initiative) through production and to successful on time delivery.
- Be responsible for Direct Mail estimating, having the knowledge to provide the most cost effective solutions for our client.
- Have a good commercial awareness, you will be required to work out the most cost-effective postage and manufacturing solutions for the work that we produce
- To complete all daily procedures as per standard operating procedures and policies. You will need to liaise regularly with the production and account management teams in order to keep them informed of job progress and changes to schedules.
- Complete supplier visits and audits to ensure client projects are being handled in the best way and all compliance procedures are being followed.
- Developing new customer revenue opportunities on your own initiative
- You will have a thorough understanding of the Direct Mail processes, this includes data processing, mailsort, letter setting, printing and all other aspects of mailing production.
- Understand the various types of software, hardware, and paperwork which are needed to be used to complete jobs through the company and into the postal systems
- Attend and contribute to all relevant meetings and training as required.
- Complete non-conformance and OFI administration & relevant customer contact as directed. Supporting investigations and implementation of corrective actions
- To exceed all targets set for you and to contribute to the best of your ability to the targets and objectives of both the sales team and the company.
- Maximising your day to make your work efficient and as profitable for the company as possible.
- On occasion visit clients with a member of the sales team to help advise on mailing processes and be the “expert” on this part of the group offering.
- Build relationships and where relevant introduce new suppliers to the company for work that cannot be completed in house or for overspill as required.
- Take care of your own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do)
- Co-operate with others on health and safety, and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for your health, safety or welfare;
- Follow the training you have received when executing work duties.
- Involvement in internal audits and improvement/corrective actions
- Report accidents, incidents and suspicious activity
- You will have a detailed understanding of how postage works, this includes both Royal Mail and Downstream Access, a good working knowledge of international postage systems will also be required.
Other duties may be asked of you as required and the above list is not exhaustive.