Publishing Development Executive
2 days left
- Contract Type
Publishing Development Executive
We are looking for a Publishing Development Executive who has an understanding of the print process and can manage and grow customer account.
Position: Publishing Development Executive (Bible production)
Location: Swindon (M4 corridor)
Hours: Part-time 30 hours per week
Salary: £30,500 to £35,000 pro rata plus flexible benefits
Benefits: Flexible Working, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Family Time benefits including TOIL, 25 day’s holiday (plus bank holidays) holiday trading, discounted gym membership, Health Cash Plan or Private Medical, Cycle Scheme, Annual Staff Day, Life Assurance, Tastecard, Childcare Vouchers, Loyalty Awards, Staff Events, Free tea and coffee and free car parking
Closing date: 16 June 2021
Interview date: 21 & 22 June 2021
The charity’s mission is to bring the Bible to life around the world, driven by the conviction that when people engage with the Bible their lives can change, for good.
The Publishing Development Executive will manage turnover and the associated margins on Bibles and New Testaments for the organisation and other agencies around the world. This has traditionally been in the region of £2 million and has the potential to grow
- Manage all aspects of the production cycle from enquiry, creating product specification, supplying price and managing production through to delivery and supplying invoice
- Ensure that all relevant processes are carried out, in particular checking and assessing credit-worthiness of clients
- Calculate and report on appropriate royalties for designated customer accounts
- Ensure that all materials sent to suppliers meet appropriate technical standards
- Support other stock needs by using supply chain methodology
- Ensure that print materials supplied are correctly licensed for the specified purpose, and that IP and copyright agreements are adhered to and protected
- Ensure all products are consistent with and conform to Bible Society requirements and our Royal Charter
As well as an in-depth understanding of the print process and experience in managing people, you will have:
- A degree in print/publishing, or equivalent experience.
- A proven ability to build successful relationships with clients and suppliers, working sensitively in a multicultural context.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the print process.
- An ability to recognise potential issues.
- A basic understanding of licensing, IP and copyright matters or a willingness to learn.
If you think this describes you and you have the legal right to remain and work in the UK, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV together with a 250-word statement that sets out your skills and experience in relation to this role.
About the Organisation
The organisations mission is to offer the Bible to the world. It is a vision of a world where everyone has access to the Bible and can recognise its value for them, their families and communities. Working for a Christian charity, this is a great opportunity to work for an investor in people gold employer who have won awards for their excellence in investing in people. They are committed to the development of all staff and have fantastic charity-sector benefits to help motivate and retain exceptional people.
The charity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. Applications are welcome from people representing all sections of the community.
You may also have experience in areas such as Sales, Account Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Key Account Manager, Business Development Executive, Project Manager, Printing, Publishing, Book Publishing, Publishing Executive, Publishing Project Manager, Press, Media, Brand Manager, Publishing Manager, Publishing Executive, Publishing Development, Print Production, Print Procurement.