Field Service Engineer (Mechanically Biased)
NEW VACANCY! (DM1202)
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (MECHANICALLY BIASED) - MAILING AND/OR PACKAGING SYSTEMS
MIDLANDS (Leicester/Peterborough/Nottingham/Rugby Triangle)
£30K Basic Salary / OTE c£40,000 with overtime + Company Car + Benefits + 25 days holiday + pension with life insurance + Hours: Monday - Friday + 24 hour cover
Our client is a Market leading machinery supplier, they have a requirement for a technically minded, mechanically biased Field Service Engineer with strong electrical skills to join their established team.
This opportunity offers the chance to be involved in all aspects of Service and Repair on their world class, highly automated mailing and packaging technology production line machinery within a variety of manufacturing / process environments. Primarily servicing, installing, maintaining and reacting to breakdowns. This role will appeal to a 'hands on', mechanically biased engineer who is looking for a broad role and is happy to travel on a UK wide basis. This position involves 1-2 days on average per month away from home.
- The role of a Service Engineer will be very hands on, attending to service and breakdown tasks at customers sites as well as covering out of hours 24/7 support service when required.
- As a Service Engineer you will ideally have a good electro-mechanical maintenance or Service Engineer background as well as being a competent engineer in breakdown diagnosis and repair.
- They are looking for an extremely dedicated team player who wants to contribute to the success of the business.
- Callouts for critical machinery breakdowns on PLC controlled machinery with mechanical interfacing
- Servicing and Maintenance of automated machinery and equipment on a UK wide basis.
- Fault finding and diagnostics of systems and equipment.
- Installation of machinery on customer premises.
- Reporting into and assisting the Engineering Operations Manager
- On-Call - out-of-hours 24/7 service support
- Skills and Qualifications
- C&G Electromechanical Engineering/or similar
- Must have a UK Driving Licence
- Good knowledge of PLC's, control boards, inverters, servo motors and conveyors.
- Familiar with the operation of preventative maintenance protocols and OEE.
- Good systems knowledge ideally gained in a packaging/mailing machinery environment.
- Mechanical Maintenance / Service Engineering experience.
- Ability to effectively fault find on both Mechanical and Electrical Faults.
- Manufacturing industry experience - Mailing / Packaging / FMCG / Food / Automotive / Plastics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers / clients on site.
- Willingness to travel on a UK wide basis.
In return for your commitment our client offers a stable and secure career for technically motivated Engineers. They will offer training on the systems, however someone with some experience with mailing and / or packaging systems would be required.
Apply for Field Service Engineer (Mechanically Biased)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly