Flexographic Print Assistants
We are currently recruiting for Flexographic Print Assistants to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s Wisbech site, working a rotating continental shift. If you have experience working in the Print Industry this could be the role for you!
Suitable candidates may have carried job titles such as: Printer, Print Assistant, Machine Operative or Multi-Skilled Operative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Flexographic Printers to achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the site
- Ensure day to day running of print presses in the Flexo cell are fully utilised and optimised including covering breaks
- Achieve machine Make Ready times to be optimised where possible
- Ensure all inputs for the next jobs are ready – Inks, plates, chambers, material availability etc
- Ensure tooling is prepared and ready to fall in line with the production plan
- Monitor and control print quality using the appropriate documentation– raise any concerns with the Shift Manager
- Complete all related paperwork and input data onto the ERP system accurately
- Maintain good housekeeping on the press and surrounding areas
- Ensure the machine and equipment is maintained to a ‘new like standard’, raising any Engineering T Cards
- Fill out Production feedback forms when you incur downtime or input errors
- Support the Shift Manager in concluding internal spoilage investigations and customer complaints
- Have the experience and knowledge of the cell to provide support and training to any new starters or personnel
- Ensure all SOP’s are adhered too
- Assist in change overs including wash ups
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Willingness to multiskill and be flexible based on the needs and demand of the business
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times
- Great attention to detail
- Innovative thinker
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- A desire to continually improve
- Experience of working within the print industry would be beneficial
- Computer literate
- Experience of a fast moving ever changing environment
- Full driving licence is essential
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.