Engineering & Facilities Manager
A leading printing company has an opening for an Engineering and Facilities Manager to be responsible for the overall Operational performance of its Engineering Department & site services.
The overall objectives of this role are:
- Ensuring that our client has effective Planned Maintenance in place for all key assets.
- Ensuring that they always have the skills and resource to carry out reactive maintenance with minimal downtime to the equipment.
- Ensure that the site and its facilities are functional and provide a safe environment for all personnel.
- Deliver a year on year reduction on machine downtime.
The Engineering and Facilities Manager will be accountable for the following:
- Deployment, control and management of engineers, site service team and sub-contractors.
- Assisting where required, maintaining service levels or offering additional support.
- Liaising with site management and ensure issues are communicated, priorities and actions are understood and updates are provided.
- Ensuring, through the engineering team on site, there is always efficient and effective planned and reactive maintenance and that downtime is minimised.
- Carrying out root cause analysis and providing preventive measures to stop recurrence.
- Implementing Preventative Maintenance strategies to ensure longevity and reliability of all the assets
- Leading projects, coordinating staff and sub-contractors activities.
- Managing, monitoring and analysing systems on a regular basis, looking for trends and identifying areas of improvement.
- Ensuring the maintenance of H&S standards and completing all related documentation.
- The safety and management of associated contractors and visitors.
- Ensuring that our client meets all associated legislative requirement and carrying out remedial work.
- Attend daily, weekly and monthly management meetings, providing reports where applicable.
- This role requires someone with previous experience as an Engineering & Facilities Manager in a manufacturing environment. Previous Print industry experience would be highly advantageous. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Techniques would be preferred.
Please note, due to the nature of this role, our client needs someone with a full UK driving licence, and who can be contactable out of normal working hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading company that aims to exceed customer expectations with great products and innovative solutions.