Slitter / Rewind Operator
NEW VACANCY! (PK6859)
SLITTER / REWIND OPERATOR WEST YORKSHIRE
Circa £18-24K + Monthly Bonus + Pension
DOUBLE DAYS SHIFT: 6am till 2pm / 2pm till 10pm
Our client is a privately owned and profitable packaging manufacturer supplying into food and pharmaceutical industries with an enviable reputation for customer service, innovation and product quality.
The company are currently looking to recruit a Slitter / Rewinder Operator to join their busy team. To be responsible for setting up the machine, running production to slit continuous lengths of materials into specified widths, cleaning and all maintenance on the machine.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities:
- Identifies and ensures that proper materials are used for production
- Ensures mistakes are not made and materials match as necessary
- Manages pre-run testing of the material to ensure the correct coding weights and bond strength are applied
- Runs the proper amount of material/footage to the job order
- Completes proper checking of production and material
- Cleans the slitter daily; organises machine and material parts during closing operations
- Prepares for production at the end of each day for the following day
- Spaces rotary blades on machine shaft, according to width specified on slitting work order.
- Loads material on machine supports and threads material over tension bar.
- Starts machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and/or winding.
- Moves levers to stop, start, and regulate speed of machine and to align material with rotary blades.
- Disengages winding shaft and removes finished rolls of material.
- Completes required documentation accurately and timely.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standard for line speeds, scrap and set-up times.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to the Production Supervisor.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- 2-3 years of experience in production, slitting and printing setting is preferred, other related machinery operation will be considered.
- Must have outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Must have good judgment with decision making in regard to Safety and Quality.
- Ability to complete production related documentation on both computer and paper forms
- Must have excellent team skills
- Ability to work additional overtime if required to get the job tasks completed
- Self-motivated and ability to make decisions