An exciting opportunity has arisen within our production team for Bindery Operatives, based in our Head Office in Buckingham.
BCQ is a creative production company providing strategic, creative and productive services to support our customer's marketing, from one source. Through our services our aim is to transform our customer’s marketing and help them to make a real difference in their business.
Our diversity of services means we have a team who can advise, devise, produce and deliver our customer's projects, be they a digital or print campaign, a website, a mailing, point-of-sale, an exhibition, printed collateral, social media strategy, video or an integrated mix of them all.
To find out more about BCQ visit: bcqgroup.com
About the role:
You will join us on a full time basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary dependant on experience. BCQ is recognised as the leading marketing services provider in the Buckinghamshire area. We are committed to delivering the very highest level of quality and customer service.
As our Bindery Operative you will ensure all equipment you operate is fully utilised during your working hours. Drive customers work through ensuring customers lead times are met and production performance is continually improved. Quality is maintained to the highest level. Support the Production Co-Ordinator/Group Production Director to deliver business objectives. We are committed to delivering the very highest level of quality and customer service. This role forms the basis of delivering these high standards, listening to our customers and continually improving our performance.
What we're looking for:
This role requires strong personal initiative, attention to detail and excellent time keeping skills as well as a positive company orientated attitude and desire to consistently achieve and perform at the highest level.
Skills in Operation of some of the following machines – Guillotines, Folders, Stitchers, perfect Binders, Laminators, Cylinders, Platens, Flatbeds, plus a willingness to learn on machines previously unfamiliar with to suit BCQ production requirements.
For the right candidate training can be provided as necessary on equipment.
The roles key accountabilities are:
· To ensure maximum capacity and production from all print finishing equipment able to operate.
· Liaise directly with the Production Co-Ordinator to ensure customer deadlines are met.
· Ensure all finishing equipment is maintained when necessary and to guidelines set and downtime for this is planned and scheduled with the Production Team.
· Ensure that spoils, complaints, and issues are kept in line with BCQ Objectives.
· Complaints and issues are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
· Ideally able to run/operate capital equipment within the BCQ Plant portfolio
· Learn & operate other finishing equipment when installed.
· Perform operator maintenance of finishing equipment.
· Ensure all customer requirements are understood.
· Provide backup and assistance to all management, finishing and hand finishing staff as and when required.
· Ensure that all printed material follows standard quality at source procedure through the business
· Embrace a strategy of continuous improvement and take part with initiatives when required.
· Demonstrate visible awareness of health and safety to ensure a safe working environment and compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.