Corrugate Packaging Senior Technical Designer
Are you a results driven and motivated Technical Designer looking for the next challenge in your career? Do you want to join a market-leading plc, providing the best products and services in their industry?
Our client is a successful industry-leader, achieving year on year sales growth via organic business development and strategic acquisition. Offering a dynamic product portfolio of packaging solutions, they work with renowned organisations to manufacture industry leading solutions.
The Senior Technical Designer Role
You shall be report to the Design Manager, who will provide direction whilst you focus on the smooth daily running of the Innovation Laboratory, supporting the manager and the rest of your team. Coupled with this, you shall enjoy leading on customer engagement, interfacing with major customers and using the latest technologies and innovations to deliver pure design solutions across all industry disciplines and deliver award winning solutions for our customers.
Senior Technical Designer Responsibilities
- Taking full responsibility for smooth daily running of the facility, including team management and orchestration of all customer visits to the site.
- You will be capable of listening to the customer’s needs and be able to communicate in a professional and coherent manner; both in conversation and presentational form
- Supporting the national sales teams and using the latest design tools you will be creating innovative cost saving solutions to meet customer briefs in a caring approach to their business requirements and challenges
- Understanding consumer trends and supply chain challenges to conceptualise bespoke solutions
- Working closely with our customers you will ensure goals are met, whilst considering branding, safety, and total cost implications
- Prioritise your workload accordingly and manage projects to meet customer deadlines
- Produce finished customer samples, 3D visuals, artwork proofs and presentations
Do you have the correct profile?
We are looking for an experienced design professional from within the packaging (corrugate preferred) sector. You will ideally already have some form of operational and team management experience but in the absence of this, will recognise that this represents the next natural step up in your career (and be ready to fully embrace this). You will already have a demonstrably strong track record of customer engagement and design solution delivery. You will be enthusiastic and motivated – enjoying the buzz and challenge of a fast-paced environment; it is important that you also champion a genuine team spirit and are adept at stakeholder management.
- Experience using Kasemake or Artios CAD, SketchUp Pro, Adobe CC, MS Office
- Ecommerce and industrial transit packaging knowledge and experience
- Management/supervisor skills
- Results driven
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Facing & Account management
- Good time management skills
- Full driving license
- Non-essential experience using Solidworks, digital printing, Microsoft Hololens (all advantageous)
Apply for Corrugate Packaging Senior Technical Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly