Goods In / Out Manager - Large Format / Exhibitions
NEW VACANCY! (SC2881)
GOODS IN / OUT MANAGER - LARGE FORMAT / EXHIBITIONS
£Open (Depending on Experience) + Other Benefits TBD
Our client is a well-established signage, large format, events and exhibitions company based in the South East. They provide some most prestigious brands in the market with a range of vinyl graphics, window graphics, acrylic graphics, signage, large format print, hoarding, finishing, mounting and exhibition / retail / display / events / venue graphics.
Main purpose of the role is to manage the packaging department on all aspects concerning that department. The successful candidate will have strong leaderships skills and be able to work in a fast-flowing production department with the ability to work within tight deadlines. A strong grasp of the English language is essential both spoken and written, with strong computer literacy skills.
Managing the Dispatch department, it will be the successful candidate's responsibility to make sure that the packaging & collation of all deliveries are delivered to the client & business expectations.
- Ensuring Quality is always at the highest concern. Highlighting any concerns on goods out to the production team prior to delivery.
- Working with the Production Director to help implement the computerisation of the department to aid free flow of work and help develop systems to increase efficiency within the department.
- Be able to understand and work with collation on larger projects in the business.
- Understanding the importance of labelling and packaging at-all-times.
- Making sure & understanding that all spreadsheets related to deliveries are correct and checked consistently.
- Managing the staff within the department from a permanent and freelance perspective. Making sure that any staff within the department are performing to the needs of the business at-all-times.
- Making sure the day-to-day consumables in the department are kept fully stocked at all times.
- Liaising with couriers on-a-daily basis, making sure that all packages are correct on courier manifests to the information you have been given.
- Liaising with Project Managers to make sure all projects are delivered on time and in full.
- Working to make sure the department is kept clean and free of potential hazards.
- Forklift License essential
- Always making sure that you are working within the H&S framework of the business & understanding risks and where they will occur.
The client will consider any industry background however Large Format and Exhibitions knowledge would be a distinct advantage.