Xeikon Inkjet Digital Printer - Labels
7 days left
- Contract Type
NEW VACANCY! (PK6876)
XEIKON / INKJET DIGITAL PRINTER - LABELS WEST MIDLANDS
Attractive Basic Salary (DOE) + Profit Related Bonus Scheme (Paid 6 Monthly) + Employee Assistance Programme + Contributory Company Pension Scheme + Occupational Sick Pay + 28 Days Holiday (plus Additional Long Service Holiday Awards)
*Please note, the company will also offer help with relocation*
40 Hours Per Week: Day Shift
Overtime worked during the week will be paid at 1.25x normal hourly rate. Overtime worked during the weekend or bank holidays will be paid at 1.5x normal hourly rate.
Our client is an independently owned multi-award winning full-service label manufacturing business with strong brand recognition for excellence.
They are currently looking to recruit a Digital Printer to work within a small team (e.g. Printer, Finisher and Rewinder). This role will require you to cover other machines due to sickness and holidays as agreed with the Team Leader or Production Manager. The core element of this role is to ensure work is printed to high quality expectations and standards, to agreed KPI's, where customer requests are always followed and adhered to, ensuring customers receive their labels 100% on time in full.
- To operate a Xeikon Digital and/or Digital Inkjet Press, and other machines as required, printing labels to customers' requirements by following a works order of instructions to agreed targets.
- To accurately print labels to a very high standard, with no internal or external quality issues.
- To maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- To seek productivity improvements where possible and contribute to a Continuous Improvement culture.
- To book out consumables used for the role (e.g. Cores, Toners, Varnishes etc).
- Manage multiple tasks with frequent operational interruptions
- Make independent decisions within operational parameters, working well in a team environment.
- To solve problems by liaising with other team members.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and log and socialise resolutions with the teams.
- Perform daily / weekly / monthly maintenance on equipment as required.
- Communicate with Production Manager / Planner on job or deadline issues and any other pertinent information.
- Other tasks to support the business plan as and when required including working extra hours if required to ensure company business objectives are met.
Knowledge, Training & Skills:
- The Digital Printer is expected to work autonomously with the support of a Team Leader.
- Operating Digital Inkjet or Xeikon Printing Machinery and finishing machines.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Ability to work and concentrate under pressure in a high-volume factory.
- Maintain and clean machines and workstation.
- Work within the team to generate continuous improvement projects.
Apply for Xeikon Inkjet Digital Printer - Labels
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly