About the job
The opportunity: We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our growing design team. The Associate Designer will work directly with Design team members to contribute to the efforts of the Premium Drinks Design team, support new sales and business development opportunities.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Contributes to projects from initial concept stage through to developing workable and producible packaging solutions that meet the requirements of our business and customer’s needs.
- Achieves high level of customer satisfaction through timely and independent execution and delivery of prototypes, white samples and graphic mock-ups.
- Demonstrates excellent planning, follow-through, and clear communication to deliver high-quality output, high customer satisfaction and build trust with Account teams and customer stakeholders.
- Actively participates in creating highly innovative solutions.
- Support customers with the development / value engineering of existing products.
- Contributes to design requests under the supervision of project leads.
- Creates creative and compelling visuals, appropriately leveraging Brand Guide, templates and other tools.
- Proactively seeks to develop skills, build knowledge base and experience through creating robust and trust-based relationships with key stakeholders and team members.
- Demonstrates an Opportunity Mindset, seizing opportunities to learn from senior designers and team members, while using their own experiences to recommend and seek new opportunities for the business and team development.
- Supports customer maintenance for core accounts.
- Develops an understanding of package converting technologies and processes. Learning the implications of design choices in manufacturing and demonstrates responsibility for balancing customer/market needs with mitigating complexity.
- Accountable for taking Customer-approved designs through to converting execution, following internal processes, which involves working closely with operations, supported by Design Management team as needed.
- Follows appropriate testing protocols to conduct packaging fit-for-use testing, able to articulate the results and recommend appropriate next steps to senior leaders.
- Work as part of a team of designers across the group to help resolve issues and provide solutions for our customers.
What you need to succeed:
- A degree in a relevant product/industrial/packaging design discipline or equivalent.
- Proactive mentality with the ability to drive new ideas and design
- Natural problem solver that seeks alternative ways to resolve issues or create solutions.
- Excellent eye for detail
- Self-motivated with a proactive work ethic to work individually or collaboratively within a team with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good communication skills both verbally and visually to clearly explain/present your designs.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Software – Adobe creative suite Illustrator/Photoshop, 3D CAD (preferably SolidWorks or Cinema 4D), Artios CAD preferable but not essential
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- A career with a global packaging company where sustainability, safety and inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law