Dependent on Experience
At our Kettering site we are looking for a Bindery Manager with a proven record to run a successful Bindery department. The business takes pride in its quality of goods manufactured by applying a methodical approach to constantly maintaining high levels of performance and quality. The continuing success of the business will require creative thinking, innovative ideas, adapting to new ways of working and empowerment of your team.
As our Bindery Manager your responsibilities will include developing and mentoring 40+ employees in a busy diverse multi-shift operation. Manage employee's schedules to ensure maximum efficiencies. Facilitate communication among employees in conjunction with supervisors. Engaging with Supervisors to promote continuous improvement practices. Drive business operations forward with a focus on Quality, Efficiencies, and integration with other departments.
- Foster open, collaborative ways of working
- Driving Manufacturing performance.
- Managing Maintenance of Plant Machinery
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Practices throughout manufacturing operations
- Working within Budgetary restrictions
- Responsible for Managing manning levels including Temporary staff.
- Ensuring Quality control is constantly maintained.
- Assist in developing strategic plans in new processes and ways of working.
- Monitoring performance, employee training and skills and implement department improvements.
- Maintain 6S housekeeping standards
- Achieve all quality standards to ISO accreditations standards.
- Ensure that all staff members follow SSOW’s for all equipment. (H&S)
Skills required for Bindery Manager role:
- Proven track record building and driving a team focused environment.
- Working knowledge in the set-up, operation, capabilities of diverse bindery equipment
- Qualifications include a minimum of 5 - 7 years management experience in bindery operations.
- Experience of direct mail Finishing would be advantageous
- Pro-active approach to technical problem solving is essential.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong leadership skills.
- Integrate well with fellow Managers promoting team ethics.
If you think you are the right candidate for our Bindery Manager position then please send your CV, along with your salary expectations, to Kettering.HR@goinspire.co.uk – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!