About the job
Category Manager | Direct Mail / Print Management | Homebased (UK) | £55,000 - £60,000
As the use of direct mail and its production continues to evolve, our excellent client require a forward thinking, dynamic and passionate Supplier Manager to strategically manage and optimise the procurement of print and lettershop services by developing effective stakeholder relationships and maintaining supply market expertise to drive best overall value for money and minimise supply chain risk.
This Category Manager / Supplier Manager role will also require strong negotiation skills and knowledge of different methods to provide optimal production routes and best value. There will also be encouragement to bring innovation and forward thinking to the role as we look to transform the way we work and integrate with their supply partners.
A bit about what you’ll be doing:
• Managing and developing an appropriate portfolio of supplier relationships including commercial arrangements with a view to driving best overall value for money and minimising supply chain risk
• Monitoring and reporting on supplier performance, value for money in the market place and leading on resolution of any supplier issues
• Analysing and reporting on supplier spend and developing appropriate MI
• Identification and onboarding of new suppliers in line with client requirements, pricing drivers and strategic goals
• Supporting on responses to tenders and pitches ensuing we have negotiated best market rate and driving down costs where required
• Supporting client teams to innovate for their clients.
Key Skills for the DM Category Manager:
• An appetite to lead price negotiations, with strong purchasing skills
• An appetite to push innovation in direct mail
• Have knowledge of appropriate supplier base
• Have the ability to look beyond the original request to find better ways of working
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of Direct Mail production & Postage
• CIPS qualification (or actively working towards it) advantageous
Do you feel you have the right experience and would like to to join a dynamic and forward thinking business? Please send over your details ASAP!