About the job
NEW VACANCY! (SN2336)
CONTRACT MANAGER – SIGNS
EAST MIDLANDS OR NORTH EAST (HYBRID WFH / WFO ROLE)
£Open (Depending on Experience) + Car Allowance + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Death in Service + Pension + Discretionary Bonus + Health Plan + Attendance Policy Payment
Our client is a market leading Signage Manufacture with an excellent reputation. They offer design, project management, production, installation and maintenance to a range of sectors including retail, leisure, financial, wayfinding, shopping centres, petrol stations and architectural markets.
They are currently looking to recruit and experienced Contracts Manager with previous experience in the Signage industry, the role will be strongly focussed on Project Delivery. A previous background within Retail market would be a distinct advantage although not essential. The key purpose of the role is to manage allocated client projects, controlling them through the design, manufacture, delivery and installation stages in full compliance with the clients order while minimising all risk to the business. Applying both contractual and commercial awareness to all projects you will ensure they are delivered on time to client expectations within the prescribed quality and cost restraints.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Hold / attend hand-over meetings of new projects initiated at the start of each new order to ensure clear understanding by relevant staff and departments of the requirements necessary to complete the project within the contractually required cost, quality and time constraints and to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
- Be aware of all agreed contractual obligations and responsibilities and ensure that these are disseminated to relevant people.
- Be aware and manage company obligations under CDM.
- Ensure Sales order, works order and project drawings are correct and issued to production including clear and concise delivery requirements.
- Track job through production to ensure install date is achieved.
- Ensure all correspondence is filed accurately electronically with visibility for others.
- Cost Management: Ensure commercial awareness is applied at all times; that works are completed within budget to maximise profit by managing on site labour and following procurement procedures.
- Raise orders for access equipment and any specialist equipment. Taking the lead with the Commercial Department in placing orders for sub-contract parts and track progress / delivery.
- Ensure appropriate structural, foundation and fixing details have been obtained where necessary to ensure design and BS EN 1090 requirements and liabilities are met.
- Prepare and issue to client and relevant installation staff, full Risk Assessment, Method Statement and Lifting Plan documents and compile required Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Liaise with Installation Engineers as work progresses on site and liaise with client/contractor to resolve any issues occurring. Report problems encountered, record and action any rectification required raising NCR’s where necessary.
- Ensure any anticipated overspend and/or variations are agreed with the client/contractor in advance of manufacture/installation.
- Undertake site visits as required for scoping meetings, surveys, programme discussions and snagging inspections.
- Ensure that all projects are signed-off to the satisfaction of the client and that these forms are filed within the project file.
- Ensure all invoicing, applications for payment and final accounts are raised on time, accurately and in line with requirements of the PO or contract.
- Ensure all snagging work is completed to the required timescale.
- Ensure that Accounts are fully aware of any invoices or applications being queried, and assist until full payment is received.
- Sign off invoices for payment against purchase order ensuring senior authority is sought where required.
- Carry out on site audits of Installers and Sub-Contractors while visiting installation sites.
- Lead by example and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for the projects you are managing.
- Be aware of and ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations at all times.
- Assist Account Managers, Sales team and Installation Supervisor as required to ensure smooth delivery of client requirements.
- Attend relevant training courses and assist in other duties not normally considered your own as required along with providing departmental holiday cover.
- Understand the relevance and importance of your activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the ISO9001 quality objectives and ISO14001 environmental objectives.