About the job
To be Kodak’s front-line support for customer engagement on maintenance, knowledge, optimization, and performance of assigned Kodak equipment and ensure our customers can utilize this equipment at the highest level of efficiency and uptime.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining optimal performance and uptime of assigned Kodak equipment in a professional and customer centric approach. This role must complete expert level training for assigned products and be able to perform onsite customer engagements including installation, troubleshooting, break fix service, preventative maintenance, performance optimization and standard operating procedure (SOP) operator training to ensure all equipment is operating at the highest level of performance upon service engagement completion.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Role will be dispatched to needed customer sites in their assigned territory to perform highly skilled service and support activities as necessary for all equipment they have been trained and certified to support. This role is expected to expeditiously engage with dispatch requirements and information provided by Remote Service teams to triage, diagnose and perform service on all assigned service cases or installations in an efficient and courteous manner. Role will encompass, but not be limited to the following:
Engages with dispatched service case assignments to perform required break fix, preventative maintenance, and machine optimization requirements at given customer sites and assigned equipment.
Engages with dispatched installation assignments for given customer sites and assigned equipment.
Performs ongoing operator skills development, SOP training and maintenance requirements to ensure all equipment is being managed and maintained in the most efficient and effective manner.
Maintains all administrative documentation and system tracking requirements in a timely and complete manner to ensure service records, activity tracking, analytics and expense requirements are captured correctly.
- Engages and performs all service engagements in a respectful manner that fosters strong relationships and strive to exceed customer expectation.
- Carries out all service engagements in a relentless, but focused and coordinated manner that ensures the quickest resolution possible.
- Communicates with key management personnel at customer site at time of arrival and departure to ensure key information is gathered and final communication is delivered to ensure that all customer expectations and performance needs are met to the best of your ability.
- Escalate critical or onsite concerns that cannot be addressed by the Field Service Technician (FST) immediately with relentless internal follow-up to ensure resolution is driven quickly.
- Communicates with customer on new product development, machine enhancements and Kodak activities to ensure customer is up to date on technology enhancements and optimal configurations.
- Actively provide sales leads into service system to identify opportunity for Kodak and ensure all customer needs are fulfilled and addressed across all Kodak products.
- Understand, review and strive to meet all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to continually improve performance and help identify training needs and skill development within the role.
- Maintains proper skill levels and seeks out continual knowledge development and training to support all onsite requirements.
- Attends and completes all required training, certifications and ongoing knowledge requirements in timelines allotted and with the highest level of engagement.
- Continually interacts with service system to record all ongoing engagements and service information in as close to real time manner as possible.
- Completion of all expense records and needed reporting at a minimal weekly level of engagement and with the highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, professional image and always communicate in a respectful and positive manner that ensures the protection of Kodak’s respect with the customer.
- Listens to customers and engages in any Kodak related concern with relentless connection and engagement by required parties to ensure no Kodak issue goes unaddressed to demonstrate our One Kodak vision.
- Positive attitude and work ethic that leads by example.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour when engaging customers that may be in a high pressure or stressful service situation.
- Ability to take ownership, analyse and troubleshoot a situation and propose solutions.
- Proven ability to follow standard operating procedures and processes and adhere to them consistently and effectively.
- Proven ability to solve problems and work within our system/process to deal with customer issues that deviate from the norm.
- Strong willingness to learn, support a team and work quickly and efficiently.
- Energetic personality with the drive for continuous improvement for our customers, themselves, and their team.
- Able to communicate effectively/succinctly in written and verbal means both internally and externally.
- Ability to resolve conflict quickly and equitably both with customers and internal service/sales teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across service functions and engagements.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, and team-based environment.
- Ability to respect and maintain all provided Kodak equipment in good working order.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of safety in all work-related engagements.
- Ability to manage expenses, travel, and service system data requirements in an ethical and expeditious manner.
- High school / Primary technical education required and associate level technical college degree or greater preferred.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a break fix service environment preferred.
- Up to 85% travel required within assigned territory/region.
- Maintenance of a clear and safe driving record.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com and Service applications encouraged.
- Completion of initial assessments for personality and technical competency.