About the job
NEW VACANCY! (PK7636)
£12-14PH (Depending On Experience + Penson)
Day Shift: Monday - Thursday 7:45am - 5:00pm Friday - 7:45am - 12:45pm
My client is an independent manufacturer of all types of self-adhesive labels and swing tickets and a distributor of thermal ribbons and thermal printers, including consumables and software.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Flexographic Printer to join their team. Experience in the label industry would be of an advantage however they will consider a candidate with other areas of flexographic printing experience. Full Training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Set up and run the press from start to finish using the detailed job sheets and with minimal supervision.
- Day to day running of a Flexographic label printing press, to produce one to full colour printing of rolls and sheets of labels, along with fan folded and laser labels.
- Working on other machines which includes the blank label press for running blank labels
- To assume full responsibility for all aspects of Flexographic label printing to produce high quality self-adhesive labels.
- To ensure the press and other machines used in day to day running are kept clean and in good working order, together with the magnetic cylinders, cutters, anliox cylinders, print cylinders and print plates.
- Be able to mount printing plates and flexible die cutters.
- Colour match using colour standard samples or new colours to Pantone.
- Using warehouse machinery, to obtain label material from the warehouse/storage, and as necessary.
- Keep set up waste to a minimum and keep machine speeds efficient.
- Packing or labels as required (generally fanfold and sheeted labels).
- Clean the press on completion of job, taking the next job into consideration to keep down time to a minimum.
- Keep records of each job produced and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Stock control on inks and materials.
- General housekeeping of your work area and surroundings.
- Follow health and safety policies and procedures in the warehouse and factory.
- Informing Management of any issues relating to machinery, materials, inks etc.
- Using packaging materials, such as cardboard boxes, pallets, bubble wrap etc. to package goods safely and securely.
- Be open to working flexibly and be adaptive to change.
- Working in a team environment and supporting colleagues when required, you may be required to assist in other areas of the Company when necessary.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Advantageous: Experience of fan folding, cold foil, hot foil, lamination, delam-relam. (Full training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Forklift truck Licence.
- Be organised, self-motivated and reliable.
- Enjoy working in a busy environment, but also able to work well alone.
- Excel in time management.
- Be confident, personable, and driven to learn.
- Be able to carry out duties with integrity.
- Always provide excellent customer service.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure.