Printing - Wide Format, Supplier
We are currently recruiting a Production Manager for a large format graphics / exhibitions client who have prestigious clients worldwide.
The client work is fast-paced, exciting and rewarding. The production department is the heart of the business and as a result this is an extremely busy and diverse department with production delivering high quality and unique live event printed products throughout the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
The role of is to provide comprehensive production management support to the account management teams with day to day job requirements and administration tasks such as :-
• Work effectively with all Account teams, responding as appropriate to new production requirements, update requests and production tracking about projects in production.
• Check, process and track via scheduling software the production of projects, ensuring that they are produced to the correct timeframes and requirements.
• Proactively monitor the quality of production output supplied by the production facility, ensuring the quality is kept to a high standard and all elements are produced and collated to the specifics of the job bag and project requirements.
• Working with Senior Production Managers to make sound judgements about when to act, or implement appropriate solutions and relevant actions to assist in project production.
• To propose, investigate and assist with implementing innovative ways of delivering the print production services that help to deliver the project.
• Work proactively as well as with other production manager, production team or senior managers and directors.
• To manage the production process from “ live” to delivery. Including specification, planning, scheduling and trafficking.
• Advising Business Development and Account Managers on best methods and materials for production.
• Quality checking on final product prior to despatch.
Liaising and working with Logistics Teams for timely and cost effective despatch.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
Planning & organising skills. Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment.
Experience working in planning and scheduling of large format graphics production.
Passionate about servicing client's internal and external Great attention to detail, along with fantastic communication skills – verbal, written and presentational. Experience of print and finishing production techniques of large format graphics.
Competency at all Microsoft Office packages, as well as good all round computer skills( training provided for MIS system).
Ability to prioritise and think logically and methodically