About the job
As well as being a confident machine operator, you will provide collective support to your fellow members of the Laser Print Shift, as well as the company itself to achieve SLA’s and ensure that the print quality is maintained. To aid the smooth running of the department to meet the planned schedules and customer specifications and expectations and department targets and goals.
- To aquire a full knowledge of the range of equipment and services provided in the laser print department – cut-sheet mono, cut-sheet colour and continuous inkjet colour.
- The primary role will be running the Xerox Nuvera cut-sheet mono laser printers
- To ensure all of the clients personalised laser output is printed on the correct stationary and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all of the correct procedures are followed for ISO quality checking and the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- To ensure all stock levels of consumables and stationary are maintained and to replace old and out of date versions of stationary are replaced with updated versions.
- To record daily and hourly workflow from lasers and to ensure the output is passed on to the finishing, machine or hand enclosing section in a timely manner.
- To help ensure that all of the departments SLA’s are met.
- The perform the required daily machine safety checks.
- To raise and log all engineer calls.
- Undertake support tasks as directed by the Laser Print Shift Manager and Laser Print Manager.
- Effectively deal with internal and external telephone and email enquiries.
- To adhere to the production schedules.
- Liaise with Client Services, Production Planning, and all other internal Production Departments as and when necessary.
- To undertake any investigatory processes where it is deemed appropriate.
- Achieve team and individual targets as set by the Laser Management Team.
- Good time keeping and attendance.
- Maintain a tidy and clean work area ensuring that the laser print machines are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures with particular emphasis on quality and health and safety.
- To be willing and able to work overtime at relatively short notice and to cover holidays and sickness as and when required.
Background / Experience: Ideally a successful 2 years proven track record of accomplishment gained within a Laser Print Production department or environment, however, keen enthusiastic candidates without laser experience will be considered and full training provided.
Skills / Abilities:
- A knowledge on how to operate a PC using standard Microsoft Office software and to be able to understand the company’s management systems in regards to estimating, job bag creation and events etc.
- Good verbal, written communication, and effective listening skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions, attention to detail
- Able to generate innovative and effective solutions to meet the customer requirements
- Able to cope with multiple projects at one time
- Ability to analyse relevant information to make quality decisions
- Must be methodical with the customer requirements
- Team player, able and willing to assist other members of the team
- Flexible and able to cope under pressure and demonstrate a level of emotional control and resilience
- Able to maintain good disciplines, standards, initiative, and drive
- Understanding of commercial issues surrounding jobs
- Able to ensure that all documentation is complete and accurate
If you're comfortable working on a night shift and are able to run Laser Print machines we'd love to hear from you!